[Freetype] freetype + PHP problms

From: MDowling
Subject: [Freetype] freetype + PHP problms
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:01:58 +0100

I've installed freetype freetype-2.05 for use with php-4.0.6, and various other libraries
used by php (libtiff, gd, libpng, zlib, pdflib, t1lib, and jpeg).  I can see that all these libraries
are installed from the output of ldd on libphp4.so, and also from the output of
phpinfo.

Unfortunately, the developers tell me that when they try to use a specific font (arial), then
there is only a "placeholder box" in the HTMP page, and no font visible.

Any suggestions/help anybody?

M. Dowling
HEW