Re: [Freetype] Make: no valid name for 'include'

From: Jeremy Wadsack
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Make: no valid name for 'include'
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 16:17:49 -0700

Tom Kacvinsky wrote:

Nope.  The problem is that there is no "-R /usr/local/lib" in the
configure test.  The configure test should expand to have the
following compilation of conftest (presuming that libfreetype.so
is installed in /usr/local/lib):

  g++ -o conftest -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib
  -R /usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib conftest.cc -ltiff -lfreetype
  -ljpeg -lpng -lXext -lXt  -lSM -lICE -lX11  -lz

Or perhaps "-Wl,-R,/usr/local/lib" in place of "-R /usr/local/lib".
It depends on the platform and how gcc/g++ were compiled (and hence on
what linker is used).  It might also depend on what libtool does
(ImageMagick uses libtool).

I'd have to say that this is configure run problem.  Try setting the
LDFLAGS env. variable to use the -R flag *before* running configure.
Make sure you do a "make distclean" before reconfiguring.

Ok, again, this is beyond my range of knowledge. Explicitly, should I do

set LDFLAGS="-R /usr/local/lib"

and then run configure?

You also seem to imply this may be a problem in the ImageMagick configure script, not Freetype, so should I take this problem there (or at least off the freetype list)?

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group