Re: Not able to compile on winNT

From: k. holwerda
Subject: Re: Not able to compile on winNT
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:54:47 +0200

Pavel Kankovsky wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, klaas holwerda wrote:
>
> > I downloaded gmake for winNT as a binary.
> > C:\wxwin\wx2vc\samples\freetype>make setup visualc
> > ver: C:/TEMP/dj200000 1: not found
>
> Apparently, the executable you downloaded is far from perfect.
> Try some other port, e.g. Cygwin32 (see http://sourceware.cygnus.com).
> (Also, make sure you run the same "make" you want to run.)

So i did, installed all at cygwin, and tryed to compile from a bash shell,

does not work either :-((

Somehow the cygwin needs to be used from the bash shell, on the does command

prompt it does not do anything.

It says it does not know how to find the copy command, which is strange

since it is in the path.

Also tried another Dos Gmake i found, which also complained about the copy
command not found.

So i like to ask if someone has a gmake for WinNT that does work for freetype,
please

sent it to me.

Klaas

Unclassified