Re: Need information...

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: Need information...
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 18:46:18 +0100

Markus Humm wrote:

> how do I get the glyph mapping list (cmap)?

First, you need to use at least version 1.3 for the Pascal version to work...

Then, the path is the following (it is the same with C or Pascal, BTW):
- you init the face
- you ask for the number of charmaps (TT_Get_CharMap_Count)
- for each charmap, you ask for the "magic numbers" (platform and
encoding), using TT_Get_CharMap_ID
- when you have identified the proper charmap you need, get it with
TT_Get_CharMap
- now you can use it with TT_Char_Index

> how do I tell freetype to give me the unicode version of it, if
> available?

Using the above process, search for a charmap with platform=3 and encoding=1.
As a fall-back, you can also try platform=0 with any encoding
Everything else is pretty sure to *not* be Unicode (and even these ones
may be very different from Unicode... ;-) )

> how can I find the index to let's say 'A' in this list?

Using the above steps, you are done: Use the Unicode charmap and
then TT_Char_Index(the_charmap, 0x41);

Antoine