Re: [Dvdrtools-users] tutorial

From: pink
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] tutorial
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:02:33 -0000

As Kevin said, he already answered his own question. -V <volumename> as part
of mkisofs command line.

>From the mkisofs man page
-V volid
Specifies the volume ID (volume name or  label) to be written into the
master block. This parameter can also be set in the file .mkisofsrc with
VOLI=id. If specified in both places, the command line version is used. Note
that if you assign a volume ID, this is the name that will be used as the
mount point used by the Solaris volume management system  and  the name that
is assigned to the disc on a Microsoft Win32 or Apple Mac platform.

I can't say that I go into particular detail about building iso images on my
FreeBSD DVDRTools page but I do have example command lines for mkisofs and
dvdrecord.

http://www.whiterose.net/~mrpink/freebsd/dvdr.php see the 'Testing' section.

These are reasonably complete general command lines for burning ISO file
systems and it gives an example of which part is done with which command :)

Pink