[Dvdrtools-users] Limitation 4GB hsfs Solaris?

From: Information Dimm
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Limitation 4GB hsfs Solaris?
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 09:53:30 +0100

Hi everyone.

I have problems reading mkisofs ISO-images burnt on a Pioneer DVD-R (7211, 1 x
speed, authoring media)
on a Solaris 8 machine. It seems to me that data above the 4GB area is mirrored
from offset 0.
The discs contain 4.1-4.3 GB, if I read back the images from disc, they match
exactly the original image.
The filesystem structure is fine, but the data inside the files is garbage...

Has anybody any experiences with this constallation? I heard some rumors about
limitations on the
Solaris hsfs driver. Is this true? (and is there a way to fix this?)

Thanks in advance for any answers (I'm stuck a little...)

Mark Williams