RE: [Dvdrtools-users] Problems with first try of dvd-recording

From: Karl, Marten
Subject: RE: [Dvdrtools-users] Problems with first try of dvd-recording
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:58:37 +0100

Hello.

> > I have created a diskimage with
> >     mkisofs -R -D -J -o dvd.iso dvd
>
> seems to be ok, but i never used the option "-D".

Okay, -D is here not very useful.

> > Then I tried to write it on the DVD-R with the command
> >     dvdrecord -v dev=2,0,0 /home/karl/dvd.iso
>
> try to use incremental writing (-packet) or disk-at-once mode (-dao),
> because, as you see, the drive does not support TAO (tracket at once)
> recording.

I have not tried it for myself, because the drive does not say,
that it could disk-at-once mode. Now I tried it and it works
great. I think I should have a little more sense for adventures.
:-)

Thank you very much. Very nice tool!

Marten

Dipl.-Ing. Marten KARL  | EADS Deutschland GmbH
Tel:   D-731-392-4816   | EADS/LFK
Fax:   D-731-392-3097   | Manager IT Ulm
EFax:  D-731-392-204816 | Woerthstrasse 85
Mobil: D-175-3635862    | D-89077 Ulm
      mailto:address@hidden