Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Problems with first try of dvd-recording

From: martin gangkofer
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Problems with first try of dvd-recording
Date: 08 Feb 2002 13:21:54 +0100

hi,

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 09:35, Karl, Marten wrote:
> I have created a diskimage with
>       mkisofs -R -D -J -o dvd.iso dvd

seems to be ok, but i never used the option "-D".

> Then I tried to write it on the DVD-R with the command
>       dvdrecord -v dev=2,0,0 /home/karl/dvd.iso

try to use incremental writing (-packet) or disk-at-once mode (-dao),
because, as you see, the drive does not support TAO (tracket at once)
recording.

> dvdrecord: Drive does not support TAO recording.
> dvdrecord: Illegal write mode for this drive.

i have another problem:
whenever i try to run dvdrecord on my computer it throws a segmentation
fault. i used the rpm-package and also compiled it my self. both did not
work.

bye
--
martin gangkofer