Re: [DotGNU]dotgnu community on orkut.com

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]dotgnu community on orkut.com
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 11:48:43 +1000

On Saturday 07 February 2004 10:08 am, Norbert Bollow wrote:

> Any DotGNU'er who would like an invitation to become an orkut member
> is welcome to drop me a quick email (off-list), and I'll "invite"
> you.

What benefit does this give us beyond the mailing lists and IRC channel?

As was pointed out at LCA, we need to make it easier for new people to find
us, be able to figure out what it is that we do, and then join in.  I have to
agree with Marcus in that I don't see how an invite-only group would do that.