Re: [DotGNU]dotgnu community on orkut.com

From: Marcus
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]dotgnu community on orkut.com
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:25:03 -0500

I'm surprised that someone who claims to support freedom and openness, at
least in software, would support a system like Orkut, which by its very
nature is closed and exclusive. By "closed and exclusive" I refer to Orkut's
policy that the only way to join is to be invited. People who most need
friends frequently have none, so they are forever denied the ability to join.
Society has enough cliques without adding another so explicit one online.

The DotGNU people seem to have a problem with ECMA's exclusively, particularly
the fact that Mono's developers (e.g. Miguel de Icaza) have been invited to
be part of ECMA and Microsoft meetings from which DotGNU (e.g. Rhys) have
been excluded. Given that situation, I find it hypocrticial to have a DotGNU
community on Orkut.