[DotGNU]Call for volunteers: HTML pretty printer

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Call for volunteers: HTML pretty printer
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 15:25:04 +1000

Hi all,

This is a call for volunteers (to everyone whose name is not "Rhys" or "Gopal"
who are too busy with other stuff to be working on this :-) ), to add a new
tool to the pnet tree.

The tool, tentatively named "cssrc2html", would take a C# source file and
format it as HTML, color-coding the keywords, comments, and what-not.  Sort
of how doxygen and similar tools display the source.  You won't need a
terribly complicated parser to achieve this: a simple lexer to recognize
where special tokens start and end should be sufficient.  Steal the current
cs_scanner.l file if you want, or write your own.  Your choice.

The second phase of the project is to integrate it with csdoc2html, so that
when the user views the documentation for a method, they can click on a link
and see the corresponding source.  A bit more difficult, so if you only want
to tackle the first phase, and leave the second to someone else, that's fine.

The purpose of all this is for DotGNU 0.1.  I'd like to include a HTML'ized
copy of the ECMA documentation, plus a browsable version of the source on the
CD-ROM image.

P.S. Gopal, let someone else have a go - I know that you are just itching. :-)