Re: [DotGNU]Call for volunteers: HTML pretty printer

From: j_post
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Call for volunteers: HTML pretty printer
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 07:09:54 -0700

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 11:10 pm, you wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 May 2003 04:03 pm, j_post wrote:
> > Feel free to write your own version of cssrc2html. I'm just trying to
> > help. If you can do a better job, and no doubt you can, then do so.
>
> Easy, easy. :-)

Apologies if Gopal or anyone else misinterpreted that statement, it was late
at night and I was more terse than usual. I was *not* being sarcastic, I have
no doubt at all that Gopal, or many other people, could do a better job, but
I think I did an adequate job, and no one else jumped in. I fully expect that
others will make improvements--that's the nature of free software, it evolves.

> The only comment I have, after looking at the code, is that I'd like to see
> it use the command-line processor in "support/cmdline.c"

I looked at cmdline.c, and it seemed overkill (to me) for what is needed in
this program (KISS).

> for consistency with the other pnet tools and ease of adding new options.  >

See above comment about evolution ;-) Since I haven't spent time
investigating the other pnet tools (10 lbs in a 5 lb sack), I'm sure there
are others who could better integrate cssrc2html into the source tree.

> "Make it work and then make it work better".

Amen.

Jeff