Re: [DotGNU]Call for volunteers: HTML pretty printer

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Call for volunteers: HTML pretty printer
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 11:11:45 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> The tool, tentatively named "cssrc2html", would take a C# source file and
> format it as HTML, color-coding the keywords, comments, and what-not.  Sort
> of how doxygen and similar tools display the source.  You won't need a
> terribly complicated parser to achieve this: a simple lexer to recognize
> where special tokens start and end should be sufficient.  Steal the current
> cs_scanner.l file if you want, or write your own.  Your choice.

For the really whacky people who like their HTML dynamic....
try this idea ... you have a '+' on each method , which expands when
you click it ...

Should be easy with basic Javascript ... onClick , hidden=!hidden
and friends :-)

(I think VS.NET allows this in the editor as well , #region ?)

> P.S. Gopal, let someone else have a go - I know that you are just itching. :-)

 ... push where it gives and scratch where it itches ;-)

Don't worry I'll keep myself to hacking System.Uri stuff (and that
user manual I'm working on).

Though I have a todo for the people who know their Bison , to
generate syntax error reporting for the Java compiler ... Do I
see a hand raise ?

Gopal