Re: [DotGNU] dfa2csharp end result

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] dfa2csharp end result
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 01:05:23 +0530

If memory serves me right, Gopal V wrote:
> Does generate working code , though beauty wise .. I could do far
> better ... And the command line parts segfault when given no params
> etc... it's a 3:15 AM status snapshot ... be gentle :-)

I've cleaned it up a bit ... added a couple more of new transition
modes ... (WHITESPACE, EPSILON) ... cleaned up the code printing routines.

Better collision detection -- for the whole unicode range , rather than
for the 256 byte range ..

Fixed up inlining of single connected nodes ... ie if a node is connected
from only one point , do not 'goto' but use it there itself , reduced number
of jumps ... If there  is a loop back into the inlineable node, ignore
inlining ..

Unconnected nodes are not generated , and neither are their action and
transition code blocks ...

--debug option which  generates Debug.WriteLine() of the various operations
taking place ... (will need -lSystem -DTRACE to compile C# o/p )

Line numbers are generated for the %{ %} inline code fragments using the
original file , while those of the other code are generated with respect
to the output file .. (#line)

Pulled out most of command line handling from pnet , the configure
script off treecc/pnet and made it an independent project (since
Rhys didn't like the idea of this moving into pnet) ..

A Rot13 convertor is provided as a nice example for the stuff ...
if anybody is interested, I'll write out the language docs, otherwise
this is slowly going to fade out :-)

http://symonds.net/~gopalv82/code/dfagen.tgz

Gopal