Re: [DotGNU]Newbie Alert!

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Newbie Alert!
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 19:43:25 +0530

If memory serves me right, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> > I'll have to learn how that works and drop in on that.
>
> I'm using a program called "xchat"; there's a lot of alternative irc
> client programs that you could use too.
>
> Here's some very brief instructions on how to use xchat to reach the
> DotGNU irc channel...

For cmdline freaks only ... (some xchat & IRC commands)

--CUT--
/server irc.freenode.net
/j #dotgnu
--END-CUT--

type this inside the text area provided by xchat (or any other good
IRC client) ..

> One area where we urgently need help is Public Relations,
> i.e. convincing magazines, newpapers, news websites, etc.
> to publish articles about DotGNU.  PR work typically also
> includes writing suitable articles.

Yup, that's one all important peice of work ! (speaking as the
PR person who's currently not working on PR at all ... ;-)

Gopal