Re: [DotGNU]Newbie Alert!

From: Baron Schwartz
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Newbie Alert!
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 23:23:22 -0400 (EDT)

So I've been just hanging around, trying to eavesdrop and get a feel for
the conversations... here's the situation.  I'm not an expert hacker.  I
don't have more than an hour or maybe five a week to devote.  I  don't
even really know all that much about .NET (i'm trying to learn).  And I've
never been on #irc :-)  When's the next conference again?  I'll have to
learn how that works and drop in on that.

Anyway, here's what I *am*:  I'm convinced that free software is the only
way to keep evil empires from enslaving me and my firstborn.  I'm wanting
to help.  I'm at least proficient with XML and related technologies, but I
have a lot to learn there too.  I am not afraid of doing "support" roles,
like website maintenance or documentation.  How can I help?  I am your
humble servant, 1-5 hours a week :-)  If you think I'd be best off
learning the hacking, or learning how to test, or something, feel free to
say so...

Okay, all for now.  My girlfriend is sitting on my bed listening to my
brother play guitar.. something's wrong with this picture :-)  And I
graduate in two days!  See you all in my mail.

Baron