Re: [DotGNU]Comments Wanted: Release Check List

From: Timothy Rue
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Comments Wanted: Release Check List
Date: 10 Feb 2003 23:21:46 -0500

On 08-Feb-03 05:13:54 Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:
 RW> There is a general panic that occurs whenever we do a release:
 RW> source,  binaries, zips, debs, rpms's, md5sums, freshmeat, etc,
 RW> etc, etc.  Invariably  something, or several somethings, gets
 RW> forgotten.

it's so much easier for me to reply than to write a new message.

But perhaps something to add to the check list is:

Is MS pulling a bait and switch, entrapment, etc....

-----

As just now on slashdot there is a story about a patent application...

MS is trying to patent the .net framwork .... etc...

-----

What I want to know, from those deep in this dotGNU, is what is the impact
should the patent be granted?

---
*3 S.E.A.S - Virtual Interaction Configuration (VIC) - VISION OF VISIONS!*
   *~ ~ ~      Advancing How we Perceive and Use the Tool of Computers!*
Timothy Rue      What's *DONE* in all we do?  *AI PK OI IP OP SF IQ ID KE*
Email @ mailto:address@hidden      >INPUT->(Processing)->OUTPUT>v
Web @ http://threeseas.net                ^<--------<----9----<--------<