Re: [DotGNU]Comments Wanted: Release Check List

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Comments Wanted: Release Check List
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:24:29 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> On Monday 10 February 2003 12:19 am, Gopal V wrote:
>
> > > Feel free to make suggestions, volunteer to take over responsibility for
> > > certain steps, etc.
> >
> > Website Update : Gopal
>
> I'd like a little more information than this for the check list.

<cut>

        Edit the xml/src/news.xml to announce the release in the news
section of the first page , link the release announcement from the
mailing list in this page . Generate the html using the dghtml tool
from xml2html/ of the website source cvs.

You will need to have libxml2 installed to run the dghtml versions. People
who have trouble running it can get a prebuilt dghtml (for i386-gnu-linux)
from my website -- http://symonds.net/~gopalv82/code/xml2html.tgz

Dotgnu website is totally XHTML , non-XML tags , or unclosed "<BR>" might
freak out the dghtml program.

BASH$ ilrun dghtml.exe -i ${DGW_SRC}/index.xml -o ${DGW_DST}/index.html -t
${DGW_SRC}/template_html4.xml -p ./${DGW_SRC}/

BASH$ ilrun dghtml.exe -i ${DGW_SRC}/index.xml -o ${DGW_DST}/html2.0/index.html
-t ${DGW_SRC}/template_html2.xml -p ./${DGW_SRC}/

Where DGW_SRC is the xml/src/ dir of the dotgnu HTML cvs and DGW_DST is
the root of the website cvs.

Update the index.rdf using a similarly worded news as in news.xml .

Edit the downloads.xml and update the source links and point them to
ftp.gnu.org and mention "if missing then use Southern Storm website." .
Regenerate the downloads.html and html2.0/downloads.html using the
dghtml program.

Commit xml & html files which have changed

BASH$ cvs commit xml/src/news.xml xml/src/downloads.xml downloads.html
index.html html2.0/index.html html2.0/downloads.html

Check http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/ to confirm that the update has
occurred and check links .

</cut>

Hope that's enough for your average hamster powered calculator :-)

Gopal