Re: [DotGNU]Mandrake RPMs release procedure (was Re: Comments Wanted: Re

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Mandrake RPMs release procedure (was Re: Comments Wanted: Release Check List)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:03:22 +1000

On Monday 10 February 2003 05:03 pm, Stephen Compall wrote:

> The following is done in XHTML, to be completely pedantic. Hope you can
> read it.

I've added it to the Web site, as-is for the time being (I'll clean it up
later once all the content is available).

    http://www.southern-storm.com.au/checklist.html

> <li>Change `Version: @VERSION@' to `Version: 0.2.2', with `0.2.2' being
> whatever the version triplet is for this release. Change `Release: ...'
> to `Release: 1mdk'. If the RPM turns out bad, you'll do another one
> with `2mdk', etc. Probably the first one will be fine though. WARNING:
> the treecc version numbers are <em>different</em> than the pnet version
> numbers.</li>

Can't we do this automatically from "configure.in" instead of requiring manual
intervention?  That would seem to be a better solution.  Similarly with the
other changes to treecc.spec.in.