Re: logos and GPL (was Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Posters project)

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: logos and GPL (was Re: [DotGNU]DotGNU Posters project)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 07:57:02 +1000

On Friday 10 January 2003 03:25 am, Stephen Compall wrote:

> > Thomas requests to be informed when the image is used. (You
> > have permission to do so freely, under the terms of the GPL).
>
> Speaking of which, we can't very well include a copy of the GPL with
> each of these posters, can we?  So what is the resolution for this
> problem?

A small footnote saying that the logo is GPL and pointing people to the FSF's
Web site should fix this.  There are plenty of cases of software being
distributed without a complete copy of the GPL - binary rpm's for example.

The important thing is that people _can_ get the GPL terms and the "source"
for the image, not that they get it immediately.