Re: [DotGNU]Patches 919 & 920 Add Stubs for SetCreationTime and Impl for

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Patches 919 & 920 Add Stubs for SetCreationTime and Impl for Directory.Set*Time
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 01:45:58 +0530

If memory serves me right, Aditya P. Bansod wrote:
> mtime. I think st_ctime is changed any time the file is changed,

Hmm.. wouldn't that be st_mtime ...

> Looking at sys/stat.h, it doesn't even seem like a 'creation' time of sorts
> if even stored. I thumbed thru what mono did, and it seems like they don't
> attempt to set the created time either.

Well ... we'll just implement the read functions then , shall we ? ...

After all, it's not such a crucial function to implement ... I don't
know *any* code that used this function ... :-)

Just make sure you dispatch the patch tomorrow ... Wed-Fri are
portability check day (otherwise called "Quality Faire" ... muhaahha)

After Wed midnight GMT, no code will be pushed into pnet/support till
after the release ... But well, fixes are welcome ... I'm talking about
new "features" ... they will have to wait , if they don't jump on
quickly ...

Gopal