Re: [DotGNU]Patches 919 & 920 Add Stubs for SetCreationTime and Impl for

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Patches 919 & 920 Add Stubs for SetCreationTime and Impl for Directory.Set*Time
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 16:15:33 +0530

If memory serves me right, Aditya P. Bansod wrote:
> SetCreationTime (which causes an exception to be thrown, since I can't
> really think of a way to set that time on Un*x, or if it's even possible).

Hmm... how about picking either stat.st_ctime or stat.st_atime ? ...
(in theory st_ctime should be the status change from "" to "created",
right ?) ... The Susv3 standard does not clearly mention this ...
but would that assumption be wrong ?

Does a chmod reset st_ctime ? ... if it does we may have to pick the
oldest of the 3 st_*times ... (and st_mtime >= st_atime , right ?) ..
That brings down to 2 of the times ... Let's use that idea here and
hope that it is right ...

I'll commit it as soon as you make this change in the uploaded patch.

Gopal