Re: [DotGNU]Important CVS changes

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Important CVS changes
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 20:30:28 +1000

"Dawkins, David" wrote:

> What effort is required to get rid of those warnings from auto_gen.sh?
> I realize it's low priority, but warning-free builds set a good
> example, and I could do it if you give me some pointers...

The warning is pretty self-explanatory.  The definitions in
acconfig.h need to be replaced with "AC_DEFINE" macro calls
that specify the information inline.  Something like this:

AC_DEFINE(HAVE_COMPUTED_GOTO, 1, [Define if you have computed goto support]

instead of the current:

AC_DEFINE(HAVE_COMPUTED_GOTO)

See the autoconf manual for further details.  This should work
on older autoconf systems, so should be fairly safe.

The LEX warning may be harder, or impossible, to get rid off.
I'm not sure where to start on that one.

Have fun, and then use "make_patch.sh" and send me the patches
via Savannah once you're done.