Re: [DotGNU]Important CVS changes

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Important CVS changes
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 12:12:24 +1000

James Mc Parlane wrote:

> Yes -- me too.. but not identical
>
> metawrap:/home/james/dotgnu/pnet# ./auto_gen.sh
> WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
> WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
> WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
>
> WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
> WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
> WARNING: `acconfig.h':
>
> WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
> WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
>
> WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
> WARNING: documentation.
> configure.in:20: warning: AC_PROG_LEX invoked multiple times

These warnings aren't anything important.  It's just autoconf
being pedantic - I'm using an older autoconf syntax on purpose
to interoperate with people with older installations.  There's
nothing wrong with the configure.in file.

David was getting actual errors, which indicates something
seriously wrong with his Cygwin installation.