[DotGNU]MACS status

From: Mario D . Santana
Subject: [DotGNU]MACS status
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 01:08:33 -0500

Hi, all. In response to demand, I'm posting a status update on the whole MACS project.

The short version is that the core pieces are stabilizing rapidly. I expect a final 0.6 release by Christmas, and that 0.7 will be worthy of a "beta" label.

The long version is very long. See CVS for full details. But Blake, Wolf and I are working overtime on the several projects that fall under the MACS umbrella. As you know, we've founded Medley Software Corporation to sell implementation and support services around MACS, and that's taking up a lot of time as well.

This means that we can't work directly on the FrePort module and supporting Marshaling infrastructure for a while. If you're reading this, John, can you come out of hiding? Others can consider this an open invitation to work on that part of address@hidden The part that implements distributed, secure access to personal information without violating privacy. Sounds like a challenge!

Regards,
mds