demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Re: Use of CDuce

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: Use of CDuce
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:00:52 +0200

While I'm at asking question, I have a batch of others:

My main issue is to avoid converting the whole XML file into an OCaml
representation and then convert this representation into the demexp data
structures. Does CDuce help in this?

BTW, I also noticed that CDuce relies on PXP. There is no license issue
with PXP (it is already in debian, package libpxp-ocaml-dev) so we could
fall back on PXP to read/write XML, maybe at the cost of usability
compared to CDuce.

I'm still pondering the advantages and inconvenients of all this XML
machinery. I still fear to much complexity for rather simple needs
(convert XML to demexp ocaml structures and vice versa).

Yours,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A