demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] CDuce binding in Makefile.

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] CDuce binding in Makefile.
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:27:30 +0200

Serge,

Serge Leblanc <address@hidden> writes:

> CDuce was precisely built to handle XML import and export with safety
> and efficiency since OCaml, look at :
> http://www.cduce.org/manual_interfacewithocaml.html
>
> "Use CDuce as an XML layer (input/output/transformation) for OCaml
> projects;"
>
> The code which CDuce produces can be directly linked with OCaml.

Ok, I think I'm starting to understand. So we could use CDuce to
generate a OCaml code that would allow to read/write the XML specific to
OCaml. Right?

If true, I have several remarks:

 1. there is no need to include CDuce into demexp source. We could just
    add it as an external requirements, like ocaml RPC package for
    example.

 2. could you show us (on this list) a simple example of ocaml code
    produced by CDuce and how we would use it in demexp? No need to
    start from a real DTD, you could use a dummy example able to parse
    following xml:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<demexp_base version="1.0">

  <participant_base>
    <participant kind="individual"> <!-- or "delegate" -->
      <login>root</login>
      <password>md5pass</password>
      <group>admin</group>
      <group>demexp</group>
    </participant>

  </participant_base>

</demexp_base>

 3. looking at http://www.cduce.org/manual_interfacewithocaml.html#link
    it says that CDuce compile code to bytecode. Demexp is currently
    using native code so I would like to be sure that native code can be
    used.

Yours,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A