debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] how to configure ldap pa

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] how to configure ldap password?
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 23:57:36 +0100

"Thomas R. Hall" wrote:

> : project1                   IN      A       <IP ADRESS OF YOUR SERVER>
> : cvs.project1               IN      CNAME   cvs.<FDQN OF YOUR SERVER>.
>
> Yep, that part is working now, thanks.
>
> : If this is ok try host project1.<your fdqn>
>
> The machine responds fine from itself, but not from the network (other
> machines).  I think I need to add something to the named.conf file.
> Maybe something about a PTR entry?  Not sure, since I am not a BIND
> guru.  Basically, the machine will respond to DNS queries from the
> machine itself, but not from another machine...  Any suggestions?  I
> know this is not a debian-sf-specific problem, but anyone has a
> suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunatly, I'm not a bind Guru (This is said in install, and I'd
really like
to have advices on the config I did)

I think the problem is not on your server config, but on the domain
server
your server is attached
You must have delegation on your domain, and AFAIK you can see this,
with
dig sf.yourdomain.com (supposing your server serves sf.yourdomain.com)
you must see on the answer an NS record

You must ask your DNS admin to have a delegated domain

Hope this helps :)

PS:
You can have a fqdn different from the domain you serves,
e.g. your server is foo.yourdomain.com and serves sf.yourdomain.com
I have got installs working with the foo=sf or foo!=sf