debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] how to configure ldap pass

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] how to configure ldap password?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:03:58 +0100

"Thomas R. Hal" wrote:

> First, thanks for an AMAZINGLY easy installation of SF.  I had been
> working with SF-Genericinst, and it had too many problems for me, as
> well as some bugs.  I am telling others to use debian-sf instead. :)
>
> I tried to do a 2.6.0+8 install on a clean Woody machine, and ran into
> the same LDAP problems.  Here is what steps I followed:
>
> 1. Install Woody (base only - didn't run dselect, etc. after base)
> 2. Added Christian's 2.6 packages line to my sources.list
> 3. Did an apt-get update; apt-get install sourceforge
> 4. Many packages downloaded and the SF install failed at the same point
> as Soon-Son Kwon (at adding entries to LDAP)
> 5. Followed Soon-Son Kwon's instructions by commenting out
> install-ldap.sh and re-ran the installation - completed successfully
> 6. Did the install-ldap.sh purge; install-ldap.sh reset ;
> install-ldap.sh configure
>
> Now, everything is up and running.  I am doing testing right now.  It
> seems like everything is working so far, with the exception of DNS (yes,
> I waited for the hourly update, but it hasn't updated yet).
>
> So, there are two things I wanted to mention.  First, if you perform an
> install on a _clean_ machine, the LDAP step fails for whatever reason.
> If I follow the instructions from Soon-Son Kwon, things work fine.
> Second, any ideas why DNS is having problems?  Did I configure it
> incorrectly?

Maybe ldap woody install, still use admin wiht ou=People
In this case a ldap purge from woody followed by a ldap install from sid
should not give the problem.

Try to stop nscd daemon if you use it
/usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-dns.sh is managing dns
Be carreful that your server must have DNS delegation, or use localhost
as DNS server
in /etc/resolv.conf.

--
Christian Bayle