debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] how to configure ldap pas

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] how to configure ldap password?
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:34:38 +0100

"Thomas R. Hall" wrote:

> : Maybe ldap woody install, still use admin wiht ou=People
> : In this case a ldap purge from woody followed by a ldap install from
> sid
> : should not give the problem.
>
> Huh.  Not sure.  I will look out for this when I do a clean install
> later this week and let you know if this is the case.
>
> : Try to stop nscd daemon if you use it
> : /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-dns.sh is managing dns
> : Be carreful that your server must have DNS delegation, or use
> localhost
> : as DNS server
> : in /etc/resolv.conf.
>
> nscd does not seem to be installed and/or running on my system.  So, I
> am wondering what is the problem?

nscd is optionnal and make things faster, when everything works, but has
got
annoying side effects with caching, when you try to make things work, so
it's not a problem
not to have it.

How DNS works in few lines

We add an include /etc/bind/named.conf
for /var/lib/sourceforge/bind/dns.zone

dns.zone is filled by /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/dns_conf.pl
called by an hourly cron you can find in /etc/cron.d/sourceforge

dns_conf.pl concatenate
/var/lib/sourceforge/bind/dns.head
with data extracted from the database
to create
/var/lib/sourceforge/bind/dns.zone
that should end with a serie of

project1                   IN      A       <IP ADRESS OF YOUR SERVER>
cvs.project1               IN      CNAME   cvs.<FDQN OF YOUR SERVER>.

If this is ok
try
host project1.<your fdqn>

If this doesn't work try to look in syslog if you have got info about
bind

Hope this helps :)

Christian

> p.s. - Congratulations on becoming an offical Debian developer earlier
> this month!

Thanks :)

--
Christian Bayle