debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] how to configure ldap password?

From: Soon-Son Kwon
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] how to configure ldap password?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 23:54:04 +0900

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 06:29:50PM +0100, Christian BAYLE wrote:
> Soon-Son Kwon wrote:
> >
> > Hello, I managed to install sf package on my sid box
> > but not sure if ldap stuff installed successfully.
> >
> > Here is the steps that I followed.
> >
> > 1. install sourceforge from dselect
> > 2. installation exits with error in ldap
> > 3. comment out install-ldap.sh from /var/lib/dpkg/info/sourceforge.postinst
> > 4. run dselect and install the broken sf package again
> > 5. installation finishes without error because I skip install-ldap.sh
> > by step 4. :-P
> > 6. run /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh configure manually.
> >
> Quite strange, because you execute the same thing
> can you give me the result of echo $?
> just after you install-ldap.sh ?
>
> > When doing step 6, the script showed me some debugging message(?)
> > but I couldn't see any error-like message.
> >
> > If you encounter error while installing sf, I'd recommend to
> > follow the above steps(especially step 3).
> > By doing so, you will focus on ldap without caring for
> > the other stuffs.
> >
> > Right now I can do the following:
> > I can see the main webpage
> > I can login via admin account
> > I can subscribe to sf as a normal user
> >
> > Here is the output when doing install-ldap.sh configure after running
> > install-ldap.sh purge
> >
> > Could anyone please let me know how to check if the ldap
> > installed correctly?
> >
> Seeing your log ldap sems to work, install-ldap is testing thin
> intensively
> One more thing is to check libnss-ldap went ok too
> This is quite easy, create a user, a project
> wait for hourly cron or run
> /usr/lib/sourceforge/update-user-group-cvs.sh manually as root
> then su -s /bin/sh - <user_name>
> if you get the shell it's ok, just ckeck that the user is in the right
> groups
> with id -a, there should be the goup of the project he created :)

Hmmm...libnss-ldap seems to have problem...
I created a user named "kas" and I can login from the webpage
but su fails even though I did run update-user-group-cvs.sh manually
as root:

www:/home/kss# /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/update-user-group-cvs.sh
www:/home/kss# su -s /bin/sh - kas
Unknown id: kas
www:/home/kss#

How can I configure the libnss-ldap correctly?
Attaching my libnss-ldap.conf...

Thanks very much.
--
           (o_             **WTFM**