debian-sf-users

[Debian-sf-users] sourceforge install...failed

From: 권순선
Subject: [Debian-sf-users] sourceforge install...failed
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:51:40 +0900

Hello debian-sf usres:
I am trying to install sourceforge through dselect but failed.
Here are the steps that I followed.

1. minimal install woody

2. install sourceforge through dselect (including other necessary packages)

3. remove sourceforge because while installing it, it told me
to set the following value to libpam-ldap.

  q`Sourceforge requires appropriate PAM-LDAP configuration                  q
  q``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````q
  q`Sourceforge requires the libpam-ldap package to be configured            q
  q`appropriately.  You might need to "dpkg-reconfigure libpam-ldap" in      q
  q`order to fix incorrect parameters.                                       q
  q``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````q
  q`Known good values are: LDAP protocol version=3, make root database       q
  q`admin=yes, root login account="cn=admin,dc=<your-dc-here>", crypt to     q
  q`use for passwords=crypt.  Make sure that you type the same password for  q
  q`the libpam-ldap root password and the Sourceforge LDAP password.         q

4. run "dpkg-reconfigure libpam-ldap" and set the root login account
"cn=admin,dc=sourceforge"

5. install sourceforge again with setting dc=sourceforge as above
for sourceforge package.

6. while installing it, dselect tells me that error processing sourceforge.
Here are the error message while configuring it.
---
Unpacking sourceforge (from .../sourceforge_2.5-23_all.deb) ...
Setting up sourceforge (2.5-23) ...
You'll see some debugging info during this installation.
Do not worry unless told otherwise.
Creating initial Sourceforge database from files.
Processing /usr/lib/sourceforge/db/SourceForge.sql
Processing /usr/lib/sourceforge/db/trove_defaults.sql
Processing /usr/lib/sourceforge/db/init-extra.sql
Adding local data.
Initialising sequences.
Processing /usr/lib/sourceforge/db/init-sequences.sql
Inserting skills.
Committing.
Creating debian_meta_data table.
Inserting first data into debian_meta_data table.
Committing.
Found version 2.5-7+just+before+8 lesser than 2.5-8, adding row to
people_job_category.
Updating debian_meta_data table.
Committing.
It seems your database installation went well and smoothly.  That's cool.
Please enjoy using Debian Sourceforge.
Installing chroot environnement at /var/lib/sourceforge/chroot
Configuring DNS for domain name = debian and IP address = 127.0.0.1...
Creating /var/lib/sourceforge/bind/dns.head
DNS configuration done.
Modifying inetd for cvs server
CVS usual config is changed for sourceforge one
Modifying /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
WARNING: Please check referal line in /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
Commenting /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema
Adding /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema
Adding /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema
Adding /etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
Adding /etc/ldap/schema/nis.schema
Adding /etc/sourceforge/sourceforge.schema
Modifying /etc/libnss-ldap.conf
WARNING: Probably incorrect base line in /etc/libnss-ldap.conf
Modifying /etc/nsswitch.conf
Stopping OpenLDAP: slapd.
Starting OpenLDAP: slapd.
Load ldap
Distinguished Name is dc=sourceforge
Creating ldif file from database
Filling LDAP with database
Setup SF_robot account
Adding robot accounts
Changing SF_robot passwd using admin account
dpkg: error processing sourceforge (--configure):
 sourceforge
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall again
Press enter to continue. -->if I press enter, it trys to install it again.

Setting up sourceforge (2.5-23) ...
You'll see some debugging info during this installation.
Do not worry unless told otherwise.
It seems your database upgrade went well and smoothly.  That's cool.
Please enjoy using Debian Sourceforge.
Installing chroot environnement at /var/lib/sourceforge/chroot
Configuring DNS for domain name = debian and IP address = 127.0.0.1...
 debian
Creating /var/lib/sourceforge/bind/dns.head
DNS configuration done.
Modifying inetd for cvs server
CVS usual config is changed for sourceforge one
Modifying /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
# Next second line added by Sourceforge install
        by dn="cn=SF_robot,dc=sourceforge" write
# Next lines added by Sourceforge install
# End of sourceforge add
WARNING: Please check referal line in /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
Commenting /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema
Adding /etc/ldap/schema/core.schema
Adding /etc/ldap/schema/cosine.schema
Adding /etc/ldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
Adding /etc/ldap/schema/nis.schema
Adding /etc/sourceforge/sourceforge.schema
Modifying /etc/libnss-ldap.conf
WARNING: Probably incorrect base line in /etc/libnss-ldap.conf
Modifying /etc/nsswitch.conf
Stopping OpenLDAP: slapd.
Starting OpenLDAP: slapd.
Load ldap
Distinguished Name is dc=sourceforge
Creating ldif file from database
Filling LDAP with database
Setup SF_robot account
Adding robot accounts
Changing SF_robot passwd using admin account
dpkg: error processing sourceforge (--configure):
 sourceforge

installation script returned error exit status 100.
Press <enter> to continue.
----

Could anybody let me know what's wrong with my box?
It does not have FQDN and connects internet through ADSL.
So I set the IP address and hostname to 127.0.0.1 and debian.
Any comment will be very appreciated.
I am a newbie to ldap stuff. I suspect I got some wrong ldap
configuration but I just followed the default values when dselect
asked me to input some value while installing the packages.

And I found that I need to make sure I can connect to this box via SSL.
As I installed every necessary package that sourceforge requires,
I installed libapache-mod-ssl also.
But how can I know my box gets SSL right?
I ran mod-ssl-makecert also.

Once sourceforge starts run on my box, I will work on
message translation for Korean.

Thanks very much.
--
           (o_             **WTFM**