dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko makes ubuntu 8.04 crash during shutdown.

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko makes ubuntu 8.04 crash during shutdown.
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:39:39 +0200

On 2008-06-17, Eleceirvando Hepotamedes Janeiro Fevereiro de Março Abril
<address@hidden> wrote:
> If I kill the clamd process, ubuntu freezes (hangs) and I have to
> force a restart (button power - down).

I assume you are using the proper script to shut down clamd? As far as
I know, the on-access scanner from ClamAV is called clamuko and it
simply uses clamd for scanning. Perhaps you are shutting down the
wrong process.

If you are shutting down the proper process, then perhaps ClamAV has
poorly implemented Dazuko and is not properly unregistering upon
shutdown. A quick search for "dazukoUnregister" in the ClamAV code
would show if this is being done (and when).

> Sorry, but how can I know if module unloading is supported?  I've
> tried using " /sbin/rmmod dazuko" but, yes, it says that Module
> dazuko is in use.

If you have "/proc/config.gz" support in your kernel, you can quickly
check with:

$ zgrep CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD /proc/config.gz

Another quick check would be to manually load some module and then
unload it.

> Yes, there are a configuration option on clamav using clamd.conf to
> exclude /proc path. In Klamav you can use de graphical interface to
> exlude de /proc path. But it makes no difference.

If shutting down the ClamAV software causes your machine to hang, then
setting certain include/exclude paths certainly won't make a
difference. It needs to be determined why ClamAV is not properly
shutting down.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer