dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko makes ubuntu 8.04 crash during shutdown.

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko makes ubuntu 8.04 crash during shutdown.
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:58:28 +0200

On 2008-06-11, <address@hidden> wrote:
> The problem is: My system hangs during shutdowm.... It goes until I
> receive a message saying "Terminating all the remaining
> processes..." AND STOPS!!!!

This is the FAQ item that will interest you:

http://dazuko.dnsalias.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#My_system_hangs_during_shutdown_if_Dazuko_is_loaded._Why.3F

As of Dazuko 2.3.4 there was a change in the way that name resolution
was handled. This change helped to keep Dazuko from requiring kernel
patches, but the change caused the above mentioned FAQ item to become
more relevant.

Your system may have got away with it in the past, but now it is
really important that the Dazuko applications are shut down _before_
the "Terminating all remaining processes" message comes. Please make
sure you have your runlevel scripts set up properly for this.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer