Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Cp-tools Standards

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] Cp-tools Standards
Date: 21 Jan 2003 17:41:18 -0800

BJ> Julian Scheid <address@hidden> writes:
>> - OK to introduce a new package named gnu.classpath.tools.xmlinfo
>> for a tool capable of transforming XML code to Info? It is
>> currently only used in conjunction with Gjdoc but future uses
>> without Gjdoc are conceivable.

BJ> Sure.

>> - I'll also introduce a package named com.sun.tools.doclets
>> (required for Taglet support) and, if necessary,
>> gnu.classpath.tools.taglets.

BJ> Of course.

>> - OK to use DocBook for future Gjdoc documentation, or is TexInfo
>> considered mandatory?

BJ> I would have to refer to gnu's website to find an answer here.  At
BJ> one time texinfo was mandatory.

If we can generate the texinfo from the DocBook XML, then we get that
for free.  db2texi did work OK for this at one point (haven't used it
lately but the CVS is updated from time to time).

I would prefer that we store DocBook XML in CVS and generate texinfo
from that, if it ever becomes an issue we can commit TexInfo sources
in place of DocBook.

Alex
--
  Alex Lancaster | Free Software Developer:  savannah.gnu.org, sourceforge.net