Re: [certi-dev] Maximum amount of federates

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Maximum amount of federates
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 23:26:16 +0200

Hi,

Today we noticed that starting 67th federate stops updates for all
federates (attributes stop updating) and when I quit one (any)
federate and count is back to 66 everything continue to work fine.

I have all federates and RTIG running on Windows computers or computer
(it happens on single computer too). And I am using CERTI 3.4.3 (with
few patches I have submitted, but not yet approved by CERTI devel).

Like I said on the other message, the 64 limit seems to be Windows-socket related
see:
 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms739169%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Could you confirm Timi?

I will do some more testing likely with stock 3.4.3 too, but I think
my patches are not related.

Have any of you tested CERTI with this many federates with any operating system.

I will look to CERTI code if I can find reason for this. Please tell
if you have pointers where to start.

Kind regards,
Timi Tuohenmaa