RE: [certi-dev] C++ 1516 Binding

From: Ijperen, Jeroen van
Subject: RE: [certi-dev] C++ 1516 Binding
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 13:27:28 +0100

Phew. :)

> > My question now is: should I try to develop my code for 1516 support
> against
> > the last "stable" release, or against the HEAD version?
>
> I think HEAD is really a better choice, because the work to be done
> will be far easier, moreover I do not want to maintain 3.3.x branch
> besides
> bug fixes.

Sounds good, I will "checkout" the code then.

> > Is there any "global" estimate when these changes (the use of the
> generated code)
> > will have settled?
>
> Soon :-)
>
> More seriously. The Federate<->RTIA is now mostly settled
> and since the message code is generated. Any change would be easy to
> do.
> (I'll explain that soon and/or may be write some documentation).
>
> The RTIA<->RTIG is under refactoring NOW.
> I have many uncommited changes in the pipe, I hope they will reach CVS
> HEAD
> be the end of the week.  If I miss that deadline I'll have to report
> that for
> 1 or 2 (at the maximum) weeks.
>
> That said you should be able to initiate 1516 support work using CVS
> HEAD.
> Since the beginning of this work should be "just" re-creating already
> working
> 1.3 services (i.e. no need to add new Federate<->RTIA  nor
> RTIA<->RTIG messages) you may start now without loosing your time.

No worries then. Porting/re-creating the 1.3 services should keep me
busy for a few weeks.

> The only thing you may need initially is a bit of CMake usage
> knowledge.
> Did you use CMake before?
>
> We may give you pointer for that.
I haven't used CMake before, and it did look a bit intimidating. :)
I'll have a look to see how easy I can get it working.

> Another question is: what is your primary development platform
> Linux ? WIndows ? which flavor?

My primary developer platform is Windows XP with VS 2005 (because of
the main project for which we want to use CERTI). I also have a
secondary platform which is a Linux VM with Suse 11. I intend to build
with both platforms.

Jeroen v. IJperen
TASK24