Re: [certi-dev] HLA_TestsSuite usage / Bingo!

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] HLA_TestsSuite usage / Bingo!
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:08:23 +0200

2008/6/27 Gotthard,Petr <address@hidden>:
> The dtest_billiard.py also passed (32bit Intel, Fedora 8).
>
> Question: Can I use dtest to test heterogeneous environments (BE-LE,
> 32-64 etc.)?

Yes you do, it has been designed for such scenario.
The DTest script should be running of a host "DTestMaster"
which has a proper dtest installation :=)

Then each "DTester" may drive a remote session which
should be ssh-reachable (with proper key-pair installed).

However  currently with the CERTI dtest scripts
you'll have to edit the scripts because we lack some config file
or more command line arg handling in order to handle specific deployment.

It's only "automatic" [as you already noticed :=)] for localhost.

The current scripts may let you chose only the remote location
of rtig and of all other federates.

For example if let say your 2 machines are named

little32.honeywell.com
and
big64.honeywell.com

and that you did install CERTI and the federate binary you want to
run at the same place say /usr/local/certi_test

then

dtest_test_Sync --certi_home=/usr/local/certi_test
address@hidden:rtig
address@hidden:test_Sync

will run the test_Sync test running RTIG on little32 and test_Sync on big64.

Now if you want more, for example in test Sync test case
if you look at dtest_test_Sync.py you'll find, declaration like:

firstFederate = dtest.DTester("test_Sync_First",

session=dtest.SSHSessionHandler(federate_param['user'],host=federate_param['host']))

otherFederate = dtest.DTester("test_Sync_Other1",

session=dtest.SSHSessionHandler(federate_param['user'],host=federate_param['host']))

you may replace with

firstFederate = dtest.DTester("test_Sync_First",

session=dtest.SSHSessionHandler("petr","little32.honeywell.com"))

otherFederate = dtest.DTester("test_Sync_Other1",

session=dtest.SSHSessionHandler("petr","big64.honeywell.com"))

will start the first federate on little32 and the other on big64.

If your install location of test_Sync is different on little32 and big64
(or you want to run different binaries in each places)
the edit the following lines:

firstFederate.addRunStep("runCommand",command=federate_param['path']+" 1")
and
otherFederate.addRunStep("runCommand",command=federate_param['path']+" 1")

with lets say
firstFederate.addRunStep("runCommand",command="/nfsmount/certi32/bin/test_Sync
1")
otherFederate.addRunStep("runCommand",command="/nfsmount/certi64/bin/test_Sync
1")

If you do want to write your own dtest scripts you may be pleased to know
that dtest includes a "putFile" and "getFile" step using underlying sftp.

Such that you may even deploy binaries during the dtest script :=)
You have an example of the putFile/getFile steps in
dtest/tests/dtest-sshtests

In order to terminate the joy of DTest,
have a look at the dtest_billard.py scripts:

    myDTestMaster.register(firstBillard)
    myDTestMaster.register(billard2)
    myDTestMaster.register(billard3)
    #myDTestMaster.register(billard4)

comment or uncomment any of
billard2,3,4 line and rerun the scripts.

Last but not least you may not currently "distribute" billard because
X11 forwarding is not implemented in current DTest, for console
only application it should work.

Your comment on dtest usage, improvement is welcome... :=)