bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Familiar/OPIE/GPE2 Sync

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Familiar/OPIE/GPE2 Sync
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 11:37:30 +0300

On Saturday 10 May 2003 05:29, Kaveh wrote:
> --- "Hossein S. Zadeh" <address@hidden>
>
> wrote:
> > I just *loved* your sig ;-)   (I am going to use it
> > if you don't mind).
> >
> > Hossein
> >
> > By the way, has anyone on this list got a Compaq
> > iPAQ? I've installed
> > Familiar/OPIE/GPE2 on it, but I have not come across
> > any tool to sync it
> > with my desktop. This is very frustrating, as I have
> > convinced quite a few
> > of my collegues to switch away from WinCE, but we
> > may have to go back to it
> > (which also implies having to use Windows on the
> > desktops) :-(
>
> had you checked this places?
> http://www.handhelds.org/~zecke/kitchensync.html
> http://opie.handhelds.org/wiki/index.php/OpieSyncing
> ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qtopia/source/
>
> I have a zaurus and I want to sync in with linux, I
> have not installed opie yet but I am intereseted in
> doing that,
> Tell me any progress and I will too,
>
> and as a common comment on mailing lists ,please
> correct your subject before sending mail :),
> Kaveh

OK, I'm not an expert in this regard, but as far as I have heared, those
who use Linux on iPAQ got it to sync with their desktops.

For Zaurus, Sharp offers binary RPM packages to sync it with Linux. I
was following the discussion about using Zaurus with Linux a while ago.
after Zaurus's debut a year ago, first it didn't work with Linux, but
then Sharp donated a Zaurus to Greg Korman (The guy who works on USB
support in kernel) and he added support for Zaurus to the kernel. Then
sharp released a software (binary non-free) to make Zaurus sync with
Linux. I guess it is OK now.

BTW, I have heard that it is a very nice PDA. How is it Kaveh? How is
the Qtopia interface?

Cheers

--
/* The best part about banging your