Re: [Axiom-mail] Defining piece-wise functions and drawing, integrating

From: Sumant S.R. Oemrawsingh
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] Defining piece-wise functions and drawing, integrating, ...
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 02:10:50 +0200

Hi,

I filed a report on IssueTracker, but accidentally filed it twice (n00bs...)
Sorry for that. The latter filing is more complete and  correctly categorised.

Integrating over a list of functions with a list of boundaries is certainly
a clever way of doing this, but alas, I do not know a priori what the
boundaries of integration are. In other words, some of these functions will
be displaced and some boundaries will come before others. I've always done
this integration by hand, as well as the ordering of the boundaries, but
things are getting more and more ridiculous now, with many, many different
cases. I was hoping that Axiom could figure all this out itself.

I will try to see if I can do some clever extraction and ordering, making
both the boundaries and the functions a function of the displacement.

Thanks for the tips, though,

Sumant

--
Sumant S. R. Oemrawsingh