Re: [Axiom-mail] A pattern matching question

From: Alasdair McAndrew
Subject: Re: [Axiom-mail] A pattern matching question
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 07:44:54 +1000

Thank, you Themos, for your suggestion - works like a charm!  Am I to infer from this that pattern matching works by parsing the input element by element?  Or is there some other Deep Magic going on?

And Martin, I tried every imaginable combination of expand/factor, but nothing worked!

cheers,
Alasdair