aleader-dev

[Aleader-dev] tutorial

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Aleader-dev] tutorial
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:02:55 +0530

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:52:33AM -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> Well, going from memory, when I clicked on a hyperlink about downloading
> the ISO image I got a webpage full of gobbledeegook.  I assume that my
> browswer was trying to actually read the ISO image.  Seeing that my
> mozilla icon was still oscillating confirmed this suspicion -- something
> as big as an ISO image would probably take a long time for to be loaded
> into a viewable browser window.

Strickly speaking that's not my fault, but I fixed it anyway.

> Here is a stream of consciousness writing intendend to give you feedback
> on how to improve the interface.
>
> ... it is, should be much much more prominent.  Anyway, if I remember
> correctly, the Quick Start section pointed me to "3.3 Practice Exam".
> So, I went there and started following the directions.

Oh dear, this is a bit out-of-date.  Let us _not_ do a practice exam
just yet.

> ... I notice that Lela's lips are not sync'd too well with the
> sound.

Yah, this is a problem with gstreamer (the library I use for video
playback).  Improving the A/V sync is a long term goal.

> So what, not a big deal...Suddenly my attention is pulled from
> this paragraph because the video stops.  The droids are on the surface of
> a planet.  There is a picture of CP-30.

I'm really happy that it works.  It's amazing what software can
do these days.

> Well, it is getting late.  Yes, I am probably being really dumb.  You have
> probably already pointed out several times what I am supposed to do, where
> I am supposed to go.

Uh, well, not really ...

> The above paragraph might help you think of improvements to the interface.

Attached is a freshly written tutorial that matches the exact content
of your CD, click-for-click.  Well, hopefully.  Try it out and let
me know how it works.

> Let me know if the above kind of feedback is helpful....It is certaintly
> NOT what I would send as a bug report if I were back at Cycorp, but it is
> much easier for me to write.  Worst case, someone (me?) can revisit such
> stream of consciousness writings and use them to write up clearer bug
> reports/feature requests.

Well . . . let me know if the tutorial is helpful.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org