aleader-dev

[Aleader-dev] Re: PCMCIA

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Aleader-dev] Re: PCMCIA
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:24:31 +0530

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:58:00AM -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> > 2. At the boot prompt type "knoppix nopcmcia". (Since it froze
> > at the pcmcia step, let's try turning off pcmcia.)
>
> Thanks again for the fix.
>
> Seriously, at the risk of being a lazy linux learner and encouraging an
> irrelevant tangent in the discussion, I'd appreciate it if you could
> explain briefly (e.g. =< 1 paragraph) to me what pcmcia is and why we can
> turn it off.  Feel free to ignore this request.

PCMCIA is the technical name for those small cards that you can
plug into the side of your laptop.  If PCMCIA support was working
then you would be able to operate these cards from Linux.

Fortunately, Aleader doesn't care about PCMCIA support.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org