aleader-dev

[Aleader-dev] Re: problems with ISO image

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Aleader-dev] Re: problems with ISO image
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:58:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 11:56:45PM -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:

<...>

> I bet that laptop will work with some tweaking:
>
> 1. When you see the Knoppix logo, press F2.
>
> 2. At the boot prompt type "knoppix nopcmcia". (Since it froze
> at the pcmcia step, let's try turning off pcmcia.)

Thanks again for the fix.

> If that doesn't work, try booting it with "knoppix nopcmcia noapm".
>
> [At least your laptop gets further than my laptop.  My laptop
> doesn't work at all.  It just says "No operating system found".]

Hmm.  Well, I guess there's always one step lower you can go.  (-;

Seriously, at the risk of being a lazy linux learner and encouraging an
irrelevant tangent in the discussion, I'd appreciate it if you could
explain briefly (e.g. =< 1 paragraph) to me what pcmcia is and why we can
turn it off.  Feel free to ignore this request.

Bill