www-he-editing

[Targnum-editing] Re: Assigning myself

From: the duke
Subject: [Targnum-editing] Re: Assigning myself
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 17:08:25 -0500

--original mail by Elad Zamir ---

> Hi again.
> If it's alright with you, I'd like some e-paperwork on my desk to get me to
> work when my schedule is clear. I have a special interest in the following
> document, so if it's still out for the taking, I'd like to translate
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

It's yours. take it from the GNU site. although I do prefer you would edit some
pages before translating, since I can't edit them.

> and, as a second priority (if no one else wants it)
> http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-history.html

Let me know when you finish gpl-faq.html, I'll assign you this one too.

> Also, feel free to hand me over whatever doc or docs you want edited first.
> (If it's my call, I choose /gnu/linux-and-gnu.html)

I'm sending you /gnu/linux-and-gnu.html, when you finish it, send it to me (if
you can "diff" it, and send a patch, it would serve as a nice test for a better
way of transfering fixes. if you can't, just send a zip of the edited page).
And let me know the next one you want.

I believe that after you will edit 3-4 documents there will be few enough
waiting-for-editing documents, that you can move to translating.

Anyway, before translating I recommend reading the "translating tutorial" I
sent to Edo Amin and to the targnum-translating mailing list (since you haven't
registered to it, you didn't get it. It should appear in the list archives
during the weekend. sorrowfully I forgot to save a copy). The tutorial explain
the way I see as optimal to create a translation for a document (on the
technical side).

> BTW, I found the Initial Announcement here
> http://www.gnu.org/gnu/initial-announcement.html
> rather than here
> www.gnu.org/philosophy/initial_announcement.html
> (the reference given in the "TarGNUm semi-monthly status report 17")

Good point, my mistake. Fixed.
Thanks

salut!
    the duke