wget-dev

Re: wget2 | information leak with ocsp validation (#664)

From: Romain Geissler (@Romain-Geissler-1A)
Subject: Re: wget2 | information leak with ocsp validation (#664)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 23:44:00 +0000

Romain Geissler commented:
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/664#note_1911576148

@rockdaboot What is the behavior you have with the latest wget2 commit ?
Because when I tried to backport  commit
35986bd093676df0b2acd6110620534d41d0ec4d to the latest release (2.1.10) then I
get this warning message when downloading a simple file from github:

```
[root@11951d844474 10.fc40]# wget
https://github.com/jqlang/jq/releases/download/jq-1.7.1/jq-1.7.1.tar.gz
WARNING: The certificate's (stapled) OCSP status has not been sent
WARNING: The certificate's (stapled) OCSP status has not been sent
jq-1.7.1.tar.gz.4    100%
[===================================================================================================================================================================>]
    1.85M   13.22MB/s
                          [Files: 1  Bytes: 1.85M [3.59MB/s] Redirects: 1
Todo: 0  Errors: 0
                                    ]
```

And this warning is the one you changed in this commit
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/commit/0895f9230859207385393a148d6b0a6ec24521b9
 Is it expected that now by default users will see a warning ? Shouldn't the
warning be printed only if the user asks explicitly for OCSP *AND* stapling is
not enabled on the server side ?

Or maybe it already works without any warning in the latest branch because
somehow I need to backport more commits, sorry I didn't try to build from git
for now.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/-/issues/664#note_1911576148