wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Default Page handling broken by commit 89ff57ee93

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | Default Page handling broken by commit 89ff57ee937e6c70d3927c00a9dda75f33947238 (#415)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 11:17:02 +0000

When I said `--mirror` this implied a second execution of wget. So an in-memory
map doesn't help here - the map must be on disk.

xattr would be nice and we already have the original URL in there, but xattr is
not available everywhere. And xattr information is size limited (4kb on some
file systems, on others 64kb) - not sure if we are safe with very long URLs.

For a quick solution I suggest using `.directory` as file name for `/` with a
command line option to change that name. We could also use `.directory_<hash>`
with `hash` being the SHA hash of the original URL (or maybe directory ?).

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/415#note_116834426