wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | GSoC'18: Support DNS over HTTPS - Discussions (#3

From: Aniketh Girish
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | GSoC'18: Support DNS over HTTPS - Discussions (#378)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 12:55:17 +0000

@rockdaboot Yes, but then when taking a look at resolving IP with DNS and
generate DOH response and further implementing other protocols such as EDNS,
DNS-SD and much more I think we should be following the RFC method itself.
Moreover, the libraries I mentioned, I don't know if they are common libraries
or not and even I doubt if it will be heavy in usage.

Also, the example implementation that Daniel Stenberg shared with me during the
proposal period was constructing the DNS packet of his own. So, I think I will
move that way :)

---
https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/378#note_71625306