viewmail-info

Re: [VM] spaces truncated in presentation text

From: Kyle Farrell
Subject: Re: [VM] spaces truncated in presentation text
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 14:21:02 -0700

Thanks Uday.  Yes, I am using cygwin lynx.  Looks like I'm running
into an old bug with lynx 2.8.7.1 and lynx's "-nomargins" argument
that I'm using:

  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2009-09/msg00010.html

So no vm bug here.

That said, the reason I'm specifying "-nomargins" as an argument to
lynx is without this option the lynx output has a margin of three
spaces prepended to each line.  Perhaps I should look into a different
text/html handler..?

As an aside, the vm-mime-display-internal-lynx-text/html does not
honor vm-lynx-program and hardcodes the string "lynx" as the program.
The method in vm-mime.el should be something like:

(defun vm-mime-display-internal-lynx-text/html (start end layout)
  (shell-command-on-region start (1- end)
                           (concat vm-lynx-program " -force_html -dump
-pseudo_inlines -stdin")
                           nil t))

-Kyle