viewmail-info

Re: [VM] spaces truncated in presentation text

From: Kyle Farrell
Subject: Re: [VM] spaces truncated in presentation text
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 15:55:14 -0700

This is from Emacs on 23.4.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601) on Windows 7.
The mail I've been noticing this in is from Outlook via an Exchange
server.

When I do notice missing space characters in the presentation buffer,
it appears to be where the lynx-rendered text has an end of line.  ie-
if lynx renders:

some text here
and some more here

this can show up in the presentation buffer as:

some text hereand some more here

The lynx options I'm using are "-force_html -dont_wrap_pre -dump
-pseudo_inlines -stdin -nolist -nonumbers -nomargins".

I'm wondering if this is a Windows encoding thing..?  I've tried a
little bit with setting coding-system-for-read before the call to lynx
but I did not notice any change in behavior.

-Kyle